Saturday, October 29, 2011

You Make Me Smile

I am having a Gathering next Sunday, and my hostess wanted me to create three cards for her guests to make.  These types of Gatherings are so much fun (who am I kidding - all types of Gatherings are fun)!  The hostess invites her friends, and they all get to make three cards for $3.00.  Very inexpensive, and everyone walks away with new ideas!  I am creating a birthday card, thank you, and a Christmas card for her guests all using different techniques and paper packets.  Today I'm showing you the first one.

This gate-fold card opens up to say "thank you for your kindness."  This sorbet is such a lovely color, so the flowers are such a natural choice to use as a means to "close the gate."  I've used foam tape to pop up each lower to add slight dimension to the card.

Items used that can be found on my website:
  • 1388 Colonial White Cardstock
  • X5924 Juniper Cardstock
  • X7141B Elemental Paper Packet
  • D1491 Hooray Bouquet Stamp Set
  • D1361 Thank You Stamp Set
  • Z2164 Sorbet Ink
  • Z1104 Clear Sparkles
  • Z1615 Sorbet Ribbon from Red Collection
  • Z1686 Art Philosophy Cartridge (flowers, leaves, tag and tag layer)

3 comments:

Laurel said...

Wow this is gorgeous!

Unknown said...

You make me smile too...for so many reasons: your creativity, your generosity, and your love for your business, just to name a few. Darling card.

Lynn said...

stunning...you offer guests such a great deal! those flowers are so gorgeous.

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...