Saturday, November 26, 2011

Gift Card Holder

Have you been looking for ideas for gift card holders for Christmas?  I love this 3-D "french fry" box that you can cut from the Art Philosophy cartridge!


I've cut this box at 5-1/4", and it folds up to be approximately 2-1/2" wide by 3-1/4" high.  I used one of the sheets from the Elemental paper packet.  It just happens to be olive print on one side and cranberry print on the other, so this sheet is perfect for Christmas.  Now the cranberry star is from the Love Life stamp set.  Isn't it great that so many sets can be used for all occasions?  The other star is a Milepost Shape that is made of corrugated kraft.  I simply squished the top on a versamark pad (don't you love my technical terms?), and then dumped some embossing powder on it.  I mixed my own embossing powder to get a nice Christmas sparkle.  The three items I used are white daisy and silver embossing powders along with a little prisma glitter.

Do you make a lot of your own items for Christmas?  It makes things a little more hectic, but it sure is fun to give!

6 comments:

Laurel said...

Just gorgeous, you are really making good use of that cartridge!

Linda Saralampi said...

This is a great idea!

Jen Pittman said...

Cute Brenda! Handmade does take a bit more time, but it is more fun!

Lynn said...

Absolutely love this! That corrugated Krafty star is so cool. Thanks for sharing your technique.

Unknown said...

So darn cute. Love it!

Jamie Harder said...

Oh my gosh I LOVE THIS!!!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...