Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy, Happy Birthday to You

Remember I told you the other day that I was making 3 cards for a Gathering?  Here is the second one that my hostess's guests will be creating on Sunday afternoon. 


I love this tent topper card and found really easy directions HERE.  So unique and still fits in a standard envelope.  I'll tell you a secret about a technique that I used on my gems.  I didn't have enough black licorice gems, so I made my own using clear sparkles, re-inker, and some liquid glass.  Simply put a little liquid glass on a paper plate (about nickel size is perfect).  Add ONE drop of your desired re-inker color.  The re-inker mixes itself into the liquid glass, and you can just use a toothpick to drop the colored liquid glass onto the clear sparkle.  Easy!  Just make sure that you use only ONE drop of re-inker.  If you use more, you will find that it never dries.  You can color pretty much anything using this method!

Items used that can be found on my website:
X7139B Typeset Level 2 Paper Packet
1388 Colonial White Cardstock
Z1686 Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge
D1475 Birthday Card Chatter Stamp Set
C1464 Blue Ribbon Stamp Set
Z679 Liquid Glass
Z2105 Black Stamp Pad
Z2205 Black Re-Inker
Z1104 Clear Sparkles
Z1464 Milepost Shapes

4 comments:

Laurel said...

Oh I love this, love the stars!

Lisa Fowler Windsor, CO said...

What a beautiful card! Thanks for giving the link for directions!

Anonymous said...

Dear Brenda,

I just wanted to take a moment this morning and thank you for being you. I have learned so, so much from you. Your art is terrific. Your blog and business sense are awesome. I can't wait to meet you at Convention! :-)

Unknown said...

Your gathering guests are going to be so excited to make this. Beautiful!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...