Saturday, November 5, 2011

Turkey Table Runner

I was at my family's annual cookie bake today.  Oh, it was so much fun!  This year I only took my gingersnaps to bake, so that I wouldn't bring many cookies home.  But I loved making just the one kind as I had a lot of time to visit with people that I see all together too little of.  We had games, prizes, and of course, the grand prize. Our grand prize game was to guess the M&M's in the jar, and I guessed 631 - the exact amount!  Now how often does that happen?  I won this beautiful table runner that my sister Linda made:


Don't you wish that you had this on your table?  I always say that Thanksgiving is the forgotten holiday, and I love that day so much.  So it's just lovely to have this decoration!!  If you are wondering about the candle ring, it is the one I made with five sheets of cardstock and the Art Philosophy cartridge.  You can read more about it here.

I love spending time with my family.  In attendance were my mother, two sisters, four nieces, and two beautiful young girls that are dating two of my nephews.  Around mid-morning, a Mary Kay consultant came to pamper us with facials.  It was just marvelous!!  Good company, good food, good cookies, and lots of love make for a great day!

3 comments:

Scrappin With Tammy said...

Congrats on winning the beautiful table runner! I, too, feel that Thanksgiving gets left out. I love Christmas, but let's not forget about Thanksgiving! Enjoy your day :)

Unknown said...

WOW! You must have been inspired. lol. Beautiful runner. What a generous prize!

Lynn said...

beautiful table runner, how fun that you guessed the exact number!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...