Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Exquisite

I was THRILLED when I saw that Liz Qualman was bringing back her Sunday sketches!  I have always been so inspired not only by her sketches but by her work.  So it was a joy to sit down this afternoon and create with her first sketch of 2012:
I used a retired Level 1 kit, Magnifique, for this page:


The loon is Minnesota's state bird, and I can't tell you how many pictures I take for that one little moment when it opens it wings.  We were on Forest Lake, and this particular loon was very friendly and allowed me to get really close.  I just kept snapping until I ended up with this near perfect shot!  One of the reasons Jerry and I love the lakes so much is the call of the loon.  What a beautiful bird!

Almost the whole page was done with Magnifique paper and the matching stickease.  I matted the stickers with black cardstock helping to draw out the color of the loon.  I added some black brads and buttons, chocolate waxy flax, and some licorice gems.  Those of you that know me, know that I already miss the Level 1 kits.  There is just so much more that can be done with them than meets the eye!  Look carefully and you'll notice that I popped up the 9x9 mat to add some interest to the page.  I carried that them throughout trying to achieve balance.

Hope you're all having a great first week of 2012 - thanks for stopping by!!

8 comments:

Allisa said...

Love your layout! Everything about it is perfect!

Haley D. said...

Such an exquisite layout!

Laurel said...

I love Liz's sketches too and I love what you did with it!

Lynn said...

What a lovely photo...and the papers go perfectly with it!

Marg Van Patten said...

Everything about this layout is absolutely exquisite. I know what you mean about those friendly Forest Lake loons! Thanks for sharing your work and another source for sketches!

Anonymous said...

This is not an ordinary layout. This is really, really inspiring. There is a lot of depth to this page. It really draws my eye to the beautiful loon--whose picture was well worth the wait. Thanks for sharing this with us. :-)

Lynn said...

Love your layout. The deep rich colors enhance your photo beautifully.

Liz said...

Wow Brenda!!! This is such a stunning page. LOVE what you did with the sketch and how beautiful you page turned out. Will have new sketch tomorrow! Hugs - Liz

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...