Saturday, February 4, 2012

God's Gift

I have a card to share with you today using the new Florentine paper.  This is such a beautifully warm paper, and I think it's just lovely for any kind of project.


Let me tell you a little about the card.  I cut the card base, flowers, frame, and heart (do you see it tucked behind the ribbon?) with Art Philosophy cartridge.  The sentiment is from a new stamp set called Family Love, and I do believe that it's one of my favorites:


I want to show you a little close up of the flowers.  It's so fun and easy using the Art Philosophy cartridge!  I tucked Mocha Gems in the middle of the flower and little bitty gems in the area for a little added interest.


I also want to tell you a little about the new Color-Ready Seam Binding Ribbon.  WOWIE, so I love this product!!  You don't have to dye it to color it.  You simply sponge the color on it.  So easy and so beautiful!  One product ($6.95 for 10 yards) and you have the option of have 60 colors - brilliant!!


Sometimes paper and color just speaks to you, doesn't it?  That's exactly what happened for me when I saw this paper packet.  I am sure you will see a lot of it!!

Don't forget - if you need a new Idea Book, just let me know!

7 comments:

Laurel said...

What an amazing creation!

Lynn said...

This is beautiful. I love the papers you used!

Lynn said...

You know I LOVE this Brenda! So vintage-inspired. That is a beautiful stamp set. I love the idea of sponging that ribbon1 BTW I really like my new ink colors, Juniper, Honey, and Sunset. I hope to break in my new cart during the SuperBowl today!

Unknown said...

Beautiful work! I love how much ribbon you have been dying. I have yet to try that.

Amber said...

I love this card! The sentiment has extra meaning for me and my family since my son is adopted. :) I have that stamp set on order!

Can't wait to see what you're up to next. Feel free to follow me back!

Amber
http://ctmh-amber.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I noticed the heart right away and thought what a lovely valentine this card would make. And you're absolutely right. The seam binding is such an awesome ribbon. It's so neat to think we can sponge it to create any color we need. Thanks for sharing Florentine with us. :-)

Penny K said...

Totally stealing this idea for a swap i'm in and have been stumped for ideas!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...