Friday, February 3, 2012

Sometimes You Just Have to Scrap It...

I saw this picture of my great-nephew on Facebook, and I had to make sure that I stopped everything to scrap it!  My niece does such a wonderful job of capturing smiles and faces with her kids.  I just love to scrap them!  I've had a Liz Qualman's sketch for this week sitting on my desk, so I used that for this picture.

This is retired paper from CTMH (Stardust), but I am really glad that I had a couple Level 1 layouts left!  The colors are perfect for this picture.  Liz had sewing in her sketch, so I actually hand sewed!  (I know - don't fall over or anything - it's a rare thing from me!)  I used the CTMH ruler to mark my lines and then grabbed the embroidery floss to sew.  If you like this paper and these accessories, be sure to check out Studio J.  You can still use this one over there!

I have been in kind of a creative slump lately searching all over the house for my missing mojo.  Do you ever have those days?  So I was really glad for the inspiration I found in this picture, paper, and sketch!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That page is flat-out brilliant. The photo is darling and the page complements it beautifully. Love the sewing!

Laurel said...

Such a sweet photo and you did a fabulous layout!

Liz said...

Such a bright fun page Brenda! I love what you did with the star and the twine. TFS - Liz

Lynn said...

I love the stitching and the colors are stunning! Awesome work!

Marg Van Patten said...

This whole page is one big smile! Awesome work!

Lynn said...

What a great photo! I can see why you had to scrap it! Love the stars and bright color combo you chose.

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...