Sunday, March 18, 2012

Dots and More Dots!

A friend gifted me with some lovely paper from Echo Park, so I put together a couple of cards.  Of course, I put my Art Philosophy cartridge to work!


I love flowers, and I so love making flowers with the AP cartridge!  If I could, I would roll flowers for every single project - LOL!!  Let me give you a little tip.  When you sit down to roll these flowers, have a bottle of Liquid Glass handy.

This is such an affordable product and has so many uses!  It gives "glassy" dimension to your images, makes beautiful water splashes, raindrops, and dew drops, and it is the best adhesive I've ever used.  When people look over the projects I've made, they can't believe how firm the rolled are.  That is Liquid Glass!

Okie-dokie, I cut the card bases, layers, and flowers from the AP cartridge.  On the yellow card, I've used Honey Mini Medleys (does this card remind you of sunshine?!)  On the pink card, I used some discounted pink blush ribbon that I've been hoarding (do my CTMH friends remember this?) and a blush ribbon slide.  For both cards, I've used some rub-ons for sentiments and I created a scalloped border using my corner rounder.  You can cut a scalloped border with your Art Philosophy cartridge, too!

It's Sunday, and it's going to be 80 degrees again here in the Twin Cities of Minnesota!  It is unseasonably warm, and it's just beautiful!  I've got lilies, yarrow, and catmint (does it surprise you that I have this?  Sassy and the neighbor cats LOVE this!) popping out of the ground, so I will be tending to them a little today.  I don't cut my flowers down in the fall rather choosing to leave the dried for protection.  Then I'll be back in my craft room creating more cards and designing some classes.  Originally, I was going to take a day off with Jerry, but he's got a terrible spring cold.  So I am steering clear of my hubby, spraying a lot of Lysol, and letting him get the rest he needs!  I spent a greater portion of the day running errands with Shane yesterday, but he is working today, so I have plenty of time to get some of my own things done.  I planned our summer vacation last night, and I am thrilled as to where we are going!  We will be heading up to Bemidji (northern Minnesota) in June.  We've stayed at this resort before, and we've chosen the same little cottage that is about 6 steps from the lake.  Bemidji State Park has the most beautiful bog walk, and if we are lucky we'll catch a glimpse of the elusive Lady Slipper (Minnesota's state flower).  We'll also visit Itasca State Park again.  This park is so rich with Minnesota heritage!  And of course, we'll head to Forestedge Winery where they make wine with the fruits of Minnesota.  In between, Jerry will get a lot of fishing in, and I'll get to spend some time sun bathing in the boat.  Sounds like an ideal vacation to me!

Off to catch up on a little blog reading to see what's up in your lives!

7 comments:

Lynn said...

these cards are so fresh and springy, LOVE! I especially like the dotty roses! I think I'll try making some of those flowers today. Thanks for the inspiration!

Laurel said...

How fun are these!

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Good Morning Brenda Sweetie...
Wow what a gorgeous share this morning. I love these cards.
The polka dots are totally awesome. I have not seen this
paper before, and it is so pretty.

Love those flowers. They are gorgeous and make the cards,
along with the pins. What an element of surprise. Love that.

Awesome job. Thank you so much for sharing this morning.
Country hugs, Sherry

VICTORIA said...

I love your cards!!!

Anonymous said...

These cards are so sweet! I really love how you used the polka dot paper for the flowers. These cards are so cheery. :-)

Unknown said...

LOVE polka dots! These cards are darling.

One bolt short of a toolbox said...

Absolutely LOVE the blog!! just added you to my follow list, hope you can stop by and check mine out sometime!

Can wait until the next posting!

door251.com

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...