Monday, March 19, 2012

You're Special

About once a month, I sit down and make bulk cards for mailing.  I like to try and make about two dozen, and I stamp then generically or else leave them blank.  That way, if I need a card for a customer, friend, or family member they are already to go!  I think all of you seasoned card makers will agree that once you get in the rhythm, it's almost easier to make them in bulk.  So I pulled out the set called A Tulip along with some Heavenly Blue and Crystal Blue cardstock.  This is the cutest stamp for spring and has 7 stamps for just $6.95!


Are you surprised?  These are not likely colors on my blog, are they?  I scored the Heavenly Blue mat every 1/4" and then sanded it in order to get this look.  That is the beauty of our solid white core!  The stem is stamped in Sweet Leaf, and the tulip head in Crystal blue.  All of the stamps on the card - including the stitch stamp - are on the A Tulip stamp set!  A little grey wool twine finished off this card perfectly!

Thanks for stopping by!  I always enjoy your visit and comments!!

5 comments:

Laurel said...

This is so cute, love that flower!

Anonymous said...

You've done it again! I'm falling in love with this little stamp set. Great card, Brenda! Wonderful advice about making a batch at a time. :-)

Unknown said...

So sweet!

Lynn said...

very sweet, love the scored/sanded technique! That is new to me.

Marg Van Patten said...

Adorable! Great tip on making cards in multiples. Thanks!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...