Friday, March 30, 2012

Thank You

I have been a bad, bad blogger this week.  I am so sorry that I haven't brought you new artwork to see!  I truly have been crafting, but all of that will be revealed during a big National Scrapbooking Day special for April and May.  This morning, I put everything aside, made a mocha latte, and decided just to look through a few challenges.  I found a sketch at Clean and Simple that I just loved.  I took the sketch very literally, and I had a great time!

I have been hoarding some of the discontinued textured cardstock that CTMH carried for some time.  I am really working on using up what supplies I have, and it's felt very good!  So I made a card base with textured chocolate cardstock and ran it through the cuttlebug with my swiss dots folder.  Because of the beautiful white core in CTMH paper, I lightly sanded the raised dots to get this print.  I cut four 3/4" strips of paper and used my corner rounder to make scallops.  That is a quick and easy technique - have you tried it?  It's as simple as taking the guard off of your little green corner rounder!  I always have extra die cuts in a bin, so I pulled out some matching flowers and a banner to finish this card off.

That was so much fun, that I am going back to make some more cards!  If you are interested in my April Classes, I have those posted along with Summer Club details on my "Classes" tab.  I'll make a formal announcement in the next few days, but feel free to contact me if anything interests you!

2 comments:

Donna said...

This is VERY pretty. Love the colors.

Kim said...

Super cute! I too love the colors! :)

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...