Monday, March 12, 2012

Winter Wonderland

Do have blogger friends that inspire you?  I count myself so blessed because I have many, many people in blogland that not only inspire me, but who I look forward to "visiting" and "talking" with.  Many of you don't even know how much you inspire me day after day, and how much I admire your work!

One of my blog friends, Jamie, is one of the many people that I love to visit.  Her blog is A Happy Scrappy Place, and I promise that you will love her work!  One of the several reasons I love her work is because she creates with clean lines.  She designs for Teresa Collins, and I've been watching over the months on how she combines paper from the different lines.  I took some of that inspiration and combined it with a sketch from Liz Qualman.  Liz is another person that amazes me, so for me to combine all this into one page was really a true joy!


These pictures were taken a couple of weeks ago when we had our first true snowfall for the winter.  Kind of late in the season, but it was a beautiful day for picture taking!  It had rained right before the snowfall, so the trees ended up with ice on the branches under the snow.  I used a couple of sheets of Teresa Collins Christmas Home for this page because the black/grey/white mix was perfect the photos.

Close To My Heart products used that can be found on my website:
5571 Grey Wool Cardstock
1386 Black Cardstock
1385 White Daisy Cardstock
Z1686 Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge
D1480 Snowflakes Stamp Set (winter wonderland sentiment)
A1111 A Tulip Stamp Set (stitch)
Z1335 Licorice Gems

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You are one of the people who continually inspire me in blogland, as is Jamie Harder. I love her blog and her work as well. It's fun to see what you made. I love the whole black and white feel of this layout and how it captures the feeling of a fresh snowfall. I've missed seeing your blog this week while I was out of town.

Lynn said...

Beautiful layout Brenda! You are one of those blog friends that inspires me often as well!

Jamie Harder said...

Brenda, you are the SWEETEST out there in blog land....HUGS to you my friend!!!! And you are most definitely an inspiration to us all:-) :-) you creative genius you!!! I love this layout...and the gorgeous pics!!!!

Brianna Marshall said...

what beautiful photos!love the snowflakes,great layout!

Liz said...

This is such a pretty page Brenda! You always do the best work with my sketches :) Thank you for sharing!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...