Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Plant a Seed of Friendship and a Couple of Tote Bags

I wanted to bring you another combination of colors from the Dotty for You paper packet.  This time I am working with the dotted side.  I can't decide which I like better - all the patterns or all the dots!!


The card, layers, banners, tag, and butterflies were all cut with the Art Philosophy cartridge.  It's just so easy to pick coordinating pieces to make a project, that I can't help but use it when I make a project.  I wrapped a little twine around the middle of the butterflies to give them a little pizzazz.  And of course, I had to add a few gems!  You'll be seeing this sentiment more next month as it is from the May Stamp of the Month.

Can you believe that next week is May?  The year is going really fast!  I wanted to share a couple of bags that were made for me.  Well, I asked for them - so two talented seamstresses put them together for me. I first saw this pattern on the Adornit Blog HERE.

The first is from my mother-in-law, Sharon, and it is very clean and crisp.  She wrapped the fabric all the way around the tote bag.  I love the gathers and how dressy this is.  That's also a very pretty bow!!


The next one is from my sister, Linda.  I chose the fabric for this one wanting it to kind of be my "rose blossom" bag for Convention.  It is very shabby chic, and I love the stitching on the hemlines.  The added crocheted flower (which I am sure she crocheted) and the embroidered name is really fun!

I love that although they are same pattern, they are uniquely and wonderfully different!  You will see carrying these a lot this summer!!  I appreciate that both of them took the time to make these for me - I feel very spoiled!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

How do you make so many beautiful creations? You never cease to amaze me with the artwork you pump put so quickly, and at such a high quality. LOVE both bags. I'm excited to see you carrying one at Convention!

Laurel said...

Such a pretty card I love all the polka dots! Beautiful bags too!

Lynn said...

Lovely project. You are really rockin' the Dotty! Such adorable bags. How fun to have a Rose Blossom tote bag with your name on it!

Marg Van Patten said...

Creativity runs wild in your family! Love what you've been doing with Dotty and do believe those bags should go on Etsy! The blue tote reminds me of a favorite denim skirt I once had ... love it!

Kristine Porter said...

I love your card-- will be copying that one for sure! You are so talented! Your totes are absolutely adorable too!

MaineOkie said...

love the card and the bags are 2 cute!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...