Monday, May 7, 2012

Father's Day Summer Cricut Cartridge

It was so much fun working with Father's Day, one of Cricut's seasonal collections that you can find at Memory Miser.  With 28 guy-themed images, it was the perfect cartridge for creating some projects that revolve around my husband.


For this layout, I used all matching paper from the Lucky collection.  That was important when cutting those beer cans as you can see they match perfectly on the page. 


One of the tags says "Best Dad Ever."  I simply cut the tag, and then cut out the letters I wanted to use for this tag at the top of the page.


One of the reasons I love my Cricut is that my image can be any color I need it to be to match my layout!



I love the shape of this tag.  It makes such a fun embellishment  for this Route 66 page!


In this project, I want to show how easy it is to create "game night" invitations.  This one was created for a card party, but there are great images for any other types of game nights, too!


I wrapped ribbon around the card, so in order to give this card a 3-D look, I used pop dots on the cards and poker chips.  Fun!



My husband was very happy to catch a 45" muskie last summer!  I wanted to make an inexpensive "frame" for this picture to have in his man cave.  (Man cave is one on the images on this cartridge, too!)  This is two coasters tied together with hemp.  So easy, fun, and perfect for a fishing picture!


When you look at this fishing basket and fishing pole closely, note that you could cut the fishing pole off very easily if you'd like.  That makes this a very versatile image!  The word "super" was cut from the tag that reads Super Dad.  I love when a dice-cut can be so much more than it appears!


It was so much fun to prepare my first reveal for Memory Miser!  Be sure to watch the blog throughout the month for other design team work using the Father's Day cartridge!

7 comments:

Wild Bluebonnets said...

I love the layout, Brenda! Great job!

Laurel said...

Wow so much goodness today! Love them!

Unknown said...

WOWZA! You've been busy and every last project is simply divine!

Kristine Porter said...

Awesome!! You are a talented girl! I love the poker card witht that little button and gingham ribbon. Actually, I love it all!

Lynn said...

Great masculine-themed projects. My fav is the picture frame that boasts that awesome catch of the day!

Marg Van Patten said...

You have been one busy Cricut crafter! Very, very nice work Brenda! I'll be lifting the awesome coaster/frame idea!

Anonymous said...

Receive payment for sending us photos of Cricut cartriges!

Go to Amazon turk here:
https://www.mturk.com/mturk/findhits?match=false
and search for this phrase without the quotes-
"Take 6 photos of this product"

Thanks!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...