Tuesday, May 15, 2012

ScrapFIT Workout #68 - Misting

If you are regular at ScrapFIT you must have noticed our wonderful Weekend Warm Up Coach, Missy's love of MISTING!  Missy does amazing things with mist including making it herself! So this Workout is a tribute to Missy!  We want to see a layout or project with a good amount of misting!  Be creative, make your own misting mask, mix your mist colors - think outside the box!


One of my very favorite things to do with mist is to "color" my background and stamp - or in this case - emboss over it.

This is one of my very favorite discontinued stamps to use with this technique, and it's called Find Your Style.  For this card, I embossed my card layer and butterflies first, and then I misted over them.  The embossing resists the mist, so it leaves a very subtle look.  I grab some random ribbon and added a couple of hat pins and gems to finish off this card.

Our sponsor for this challenges is Dusty Attic Chipboard, so I hope you'll stop by the ScrapFIT blog to check it out and to be inspired by other design team members!

5 comments:

Lynn said...

I love the muted colors you used on this card. The butterfly and the technique...fabulous!

Marg Van Patten said...

This is stunningly beautiful! You are the Queen of Misting but I'll be checking in at ScrapFit tonight to see what Missy is up to! Thanks Brenda.

Migdalia said...

Beautiful!Gorgeous!

Lynn said...

This is so beautiful! I hardly ever emboss but this is tempting me to pull out my supplies! What a gorgeous card. Beautiful new photo too!

Brianna Marshall said...

love the butterfly and how it pops!!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...