Sunday, May 13, 2012

What a Mother's Day!

It has been a perfect day.  Absolutely perfect!  I got breakfast in bed this morning (Shane's doing), did a little shopping with my husband, and then Shane made homemade lasagna with homemade tiramisu for dessert.  I don't think I've ever had a better meal anywhere!  It was absolutely perfect!  Shane paid so much attention to the detail of the things I love today, and I was overwhelmed to tears by the whole day.  When I was sitting down to watch television, he brought me this card that was truly icing on a perfect cake:


Shane made this card!  Isn't it wonderful?!  He grabbed paper from my stash, added some great stamping (the letters and stitching), and then he cut a star with the Art Philosophy cartridge.  He even popped up the star!  My 23 year-old son is just awesome!

I am so blessed to be a mother.  Every. Single. Day.

4 comments:

Laurel said...

How awesome that he made this! It is wonderful!

Marg Van Patten said...

I'm happy to hear you a such a lovely day! Shane really out did himself in every way and you deserve every bit! And that card? Well, the acorn didn't fall far from the tree!!!

Unknown said...

Give Shane a BIG HUG from me. I'm so proud of him. What a wonderful kiddo!

Dawn F. said...

That is SO SWEET!! I hope my sons grow to be that kind of man. You are mightily blessed. :)

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...