Monday, July 23, 2012

Time Can't Stand Still

Today I want to share a video from Convention that truly had an impact on me.  Stacy Julian shared this at the end of her address.  If you are a scrapbooker or a memory maker or if you are a mother of children growing way toooooo fast, you will appreciate this.  Please check out Stacy Julian's blog because I know you will love her.  You may already know her from Big Picture Classes.

Stacy taught me something very important during her talk.  I can let go of the guilt over the fact that I have many, many pictures of Shane without dates on the back.  All these years I have felt like a terrible mother for not knowing exactly what age Shane was in some pictures and because of that, I have tons of toddler year pictures that aren't scrapped.  You know what?  It's okay!!  I was busy making memories, and those pictures and memories in my mind are so much more important than the date.  It's all about the story - not the date and not even necessarily about the photo sometimes.  Before I turn into a blubbering mess again, I am going to share this video.  Enjoy...and don't forget to write down your stories.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for making me a blubbering mess. = )
What a great reminder about making memories and what is really important. Spending time with our loved ones over having a perfect house etc.

Penny K said...

I've been playing this frequently since convention. Did you see the one Jodi did for Monica? Awesome! Thanks, Brenda, for spreading the word and the love!

Unknown said...

Love this video. I've watched it 3 times now and I cry every time.

Haley D. said...

Thank you so much for sharing this! I wish I could have been at convention to see Stacy live and enjoy all the great fun. She's right: we really need to let go of the guilt.

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...