Monday, August 20, 2012

Roses

Every once in awhile, I just need some time for myself with my paper, inks, and stamps.  I think you probably know what I mean.  Just for the pure love of paper crafting, I need to sit down and create something pretty.  It is our 22nd wedding anniversary on Saturday, so I was thinking of my husband when I created this card.


I so enjoy working with the new CTMH alcohol markers.  They are easy to color with and because there are two in a set (base and shade), coloring is fun and easy.  It took me longer to cut the flowers out than it did to color them!  For this card I used the upcoming January 2013 Stamp of the Month which is called Happy Valentine's.  Those roses are just so lovely, and I think Ruby and Olive markers were a good color combination.  This is La Belle Vie paper embellished with black tulle and black striped grosgrain.  I finished the card off with some bling.  If you click on the photo, you might be able to see that I have dew drops of Liquid Glass on the rose petals.

My advice to you is simple.  When you are feeling the need to go and make something beautiful, just do it.  In the end, it will make you feel much better and you'll renew your energy!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you took some time to create for you. Just look at the gorgeous product of your love of this craft!

Alyson Mayo said...

I need to play with these markers (I just ordered mine this week and they haven't arrived yet...) If that's the effect you can get, I am totally in love with them! What a gorgeous card!

Kristine Porter said...

This is gorgeous Brenda! Happy Anniversary!

Jen Pittman said...

Beautiful card Brenda!

Unknown said...

Beautiful and Happy anniversary!

Taryn said...

Love coloring in stamps!

Loni said...

I am in Love!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...