Sunday, September 9, 2012

Gift Box

It dawned on me this evening that I haven't shared any artwork with you this weekend.  I didn't even realize that because I have been creating all weekend!  So with the help of the Cricut Artiste cartridge, I whipped up this little box for you!

I have seen photos of this box used for cupcakes.  Now wouldn't that be a pretty way to give someone a cupcake?  What I was thinking when I made it is that it would be a great party favor box at a wedding shower or evening the reception.  I wish this had been around 22 years ago!!


Truly, it took me minutes to make once the pieces were all cut from La Belle Vie.  The Artiste cut the box, lid, butterfly, and yo-yo flower.  I save transparency pieces from packaging, so I just used a little Liquid Glass to adhere that to the inside of the lid.  I simply added some bling buttons with a little black waxy flax, a hat pin, a sparkly embellishment from the Slate Mini Medleys, and a few bitty sparkles for good measure.

I cannot believe how easy this cartridge has made it to make my packages look pretty!!  I will be entering this into the Anything But a Card Challenge which is anything goes this week!

9 comments:

Sara Zeller said...

What a beautiful box Brenda. It is a perfect idea for a cupcake! I also love what you did with your website too! Looks so neat!

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Your sophisticated colour scheme is really stylish Brenda.It would be as you say an awesome favour box for a special occasion. Thank you for joining us at our first Anything But A Card Challenge.

Christy said...

Looove the fan fold flower on the top!! :) Great touch :) Thanks for joining us at ABAC :) :) :)

Unknown said...

So beautiful! I know you were sad to see Sonoma go, but you and La Belle Vie already have a wonderful friendship going on!

Lynn said...

Beautiful!

Kristine Porter said...

What a famcy little box you've got there! I love all of the details and little touches. I'm going to start saving my cellophane! You are always an inspiration!

Kristine Porter said...

urgh... "fancy"

Julia S-W said...

Love the colour scheme you chose and if you hadn't said, I would never have known it was quick to make! Love the fan 'flower' on the top.
Thanks so much for sharing your lovely little box with us at ABAC's first challenge and I do hope you'll join us again soon.
Juliax

MJ's Kraze said...

Great colors. I love the accordion folded flower. Thanks for joining us over at ABAC.

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...