Sunday, September 2, 2012

La Belle Vie Star

This is one of the new Close To My Heart My Creations items.  I loved that we have such a large star to decorate!  It is 12", flat on the back, and hangs beautifully on a wall.


I pulled out some La Belle Vie (it's never far away...!)  The first thing I did was sponge all the edges with Slate ink.  After I was all done, I thought that my brayer would have worked nicely, too.

I cut the flowers with the Artiste cartridge at 2-3/4" and before I rolled them , I sponged the edges with Slate ink. Even thought this project uses dark colors, it still has a very romantic feeling to it, so it will go on our bedroom wall.

I hope that you are having a blessed holiday weekend!  I so appreciate that you took the time to visit!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love how you took an angular sharp edged star and made it feel soft and romantic!

wendipooh13 said...

that is stunning!!!! LOVE the dressed up star!!!!

Yvonne Wickham said...

Gorgeous! How did you know what size to cut the paper to cover the star? Or do one of our cartridges cut it for you?

terryanndiack said...

Absolutely stunning...love it. Can't believe I just found your blog. (thank goodness for pinterest)

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...