Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Everlasting Life

I found a lovely sketch at Sketchbook Saturday, and I decided to put together an Easter card.


Let me tell you a little bit about how I put this together.  First of all, the three colors I've used for this card are Slate, Buttercup, and Colonial White.  There is no patterned paper as I've stamped Colonial White to create the patterns.  I've used the floral stamp from a discontinued set (Intrinsic Backgrounds) to stamp the bottom half of the card as well as the butterflies.  The rolled flowers added just the right amount of balance for the butterflies, and I was able to tuck them around the sentiment which is from Everlasting Life.  The bracket, flowers, and butterflies were cut with the Artiste cartridge.  I've added grey sparkles, washi tape, and grey wool twine to finish off the card.

I'll also be entering this card into:


Pin It

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow Brenda this is stunning! I just love your color choices, the font of the verse and the butterflies! Thanks for joining us this week at Twist of Faith!

Marg Van Patten said...

Beautiful card and a lovely reminder of our Easter blessings. Thanks so much for sharing this today.

Zella said...

LOVELY! Where do I start - I love the flowers, the sketch, your colors, butterflies, verse....the whole card is LOVELY! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Twist of Faith...come back often! :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful card!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Perfect in every way! Gorgeous colours, sentiment, roses... such a pretty card!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! I love these colors together.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

What a beautiful card. Love your flowers!

Thank you for participating in ABC challenges!

Jenée said...

Brenda, this is a lovely card. The yellow and black is stunning. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Twist of Faith. God bless.

Unknown said...

Wow, what a fabulous and stunning card! I was blog hopping for easter card to find inspiration and this truly inspired me. Thank you.

Hugs xxx Mich
Happy Easter wishes

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...