Sunday, March 3, 2013

Spring


One thing I consistently hear when I am teaching is that people are afraid to put flowers on their husband's or son's pages.  I don't have a hard time with this at all.  My husband, of course, loves the rustic outdoor pages I create for his book, but he also loved the colors on this page.  This is Chantilly, and it's matching dimensional elements.  Are you surprised?  .I sure am!  On first glance, I think when we see this paper packet we see the pinks, yellows, and greens.  But I created this layout to bring out the warm blues of twilight.  I used the Artiste cartridge to cut the title "spring."  The little treasure on these two pages is the use of the large rose from the March Stamp of the Month.  I tucked them behind the clusters.


So there are flowers, spring colors, and pink glitter gems.  I hope I've inspired you to step out of the "normal" colors and try something new with your pages!

Pin It

4 comments:

Lynn said...

Beautiful clusters once again. Love it!

Unknown said...

I love it! After a week of playing with this paper....It has grown on me. I sure do like it.

Shelly Nemitz said...

LOVE this layout. Every time I want to make a cluster of things I think, "what would Brenda Rose do?" I still haven't come close to achieving the beautiful work you do. PS ... I hope you'll take a peak at my Mission Possible kits when they come out this weekend. One of the layouts looks similar to this ... makes me feel creative to match with you.

Unknown said...

I love the pink and orange flowers against the teal cardstock. Such a pretty contrast!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...