Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Kelly Green and White

Every month I pose a challenge to my team, and this month it is high school colors with one neutral.  My friend and downline Marg had been talking at a retreat and thought that this would be a fun one!

My high school colors were kelly green and white, and I graduated from Toivola-Meadowlands High School with 21 other people.  Yep, that's what I said...21.  The school is no longer in existence, but I've still got my letter jacket.  I thought that I'd use my chevrons and pins to make a layout, but in looking the jacket over, I realized it needed another cleaning before I could do that.  After 33 years, I guess it's only natural that it would dull a little!  So I thought about some other things that I experienced in high school, and one of my best memories is my high school English teacher.  Her name is Cathy, and she taught me from 7th through 11th grade.  It is because of her that I have a sense of grammar, can spell, and love to read and journal.  I do still keep in touch through Christmas cards, but I thought this card would be a nice one to send her now.


I used CTMH Topiary and White Daisy for this card.  Topiary is not a color I use very often, and I actually had to dig for this one last sheet.  Because I had been thinking chevrons and high school, I pulled out my chevron Cuttlebug folder.  Do you see that in the background?  I love yo-yo's or pinwheels or whatever you call them.  They are bulky, but still so much fun to add to a card.

I hope you are having an amazing day!  Thanks so much for stopping by to visit me!

Pin It

3 comments:

Janice said...

Your card is very pretty and how nice of you to keep in touch with a former teacher! My graduating class had 42 in it, wasn't it wonderful going to small schools!!

Shelly Nemitz said...

Love this ... my favorite color is green so how could I not!! Very fun color challenge except mine is orange and black. It doesn't motivate me!!

Unknown said...

What a fun challenge! I think your former teacher is going to love this!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...