Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Congrats

I saw a sketch at Inkspirational this morning, and I immediately thought of my background stamps.


The floral background is from the In the Background stamp set, and the argyle/harlequin is from Fabulous You.  The sentiment is from the For Always Card Making Workshop on the Go set, and I stamped it twice in order to pop up the "congrats" portion of the sentiment.  I've used champagne and cashmere ink for this card, so I added some interest by adding black organdy ribbon and hat pins from my stash.  I enjoy using my stamps to make my own background paper.  With forty colors in the CTMH palette, it's easy to create a look that's all your own!

Other challenges I will be entering this card into are:

Pin It

11 comments:

sandie said...

Brenda, this background is genius! I love how you used a floral stamp mixed with a more funky stamp, giving such a unique background. Plus the colours give it a kinda of grungy/vintage look. I LOVE IT! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational x

Unknown said...

The mix of backgrounds is fantastic!

Marina said...

Gorgeous background; I love your colour choices and the hatpins.Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges. Come back next week! Marina

Wendy Coffman said...

This is stunning!

Mynn xx said...

Very pretty ! LOVE the use of your background stamps! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational! :)

Marg Van Patten said...

I really love how you let the background take center stage. The color is quiet and subtle but the background "texture" is amazing! Perfectly touched off with the tulle and hat pins. This is now my #1 fav of yours!

Zoechaos said...

Oh my this is special the natural tones and sophisticated stamps are terrific. Thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge XOXO Zoe

Danielle Vincent said...

What a gorgeous and elegant card. I love how you mixed the stamp types so effectively. Thanks so much for joining us this week at ABC Challenges.

hazel said...

A lovely and elegant card, I love it. Thank you for joining us at Craft Room Challenge.
xxx Hazel.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

How pretty! The color scheme is nice and the hairpins are a perfect embellishment!

Thank you for participating in the ABC Challenges challenge this week!

Joanie said...

Lovely subtle colours and fab background.

Thank you for joining us at Anything Goes

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...