Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Thanks a Bunch

I am back again today with another card.  I found a great sketch at Freshly Made Sketches, and I wanted to give it a go.

I so loved putsing over this card and decided to make one for each of my team members that completes my May challenge.  Let me tell you how I made it.  This is the June Stamp of the Month (so you are getting a peek!), and I stamped the flower garden image with olive pigment ink.  From there, I colored the flowers and leaves with alcohol markers.  I used pear, ruby, sorbet, lagoon, blush, and gypsy.  I grabbed my texture tools and used the sea foam with pear ink to make the grass and the stipple brush with sky ink to create the sky.  The strip of green paper is from Chantilly, and I've added washi tape and silver shimmer trim.

I hope you've been having a great week!
Pin It

6 comments:

Casandra Bennett said...

Beautiful. Love the coloring. Those purple flowers on the end remind me of the ones that grew around my Grandma's house. When I was very little, I used to go around and pick the "purple berries" off them one by one and say "He loves me...He loves me not." Well, one day Grandma noticed there were no purple berries, just stems left in the ground, and she was really upset with the rabbits for eating her flowers. LOL

Marg Van Patten said...

SO lovely. I swear, only you could make sparkle trim and washi look great together!

Unknown said...

Cuteness!

Jen Timko said...

This is so lovely! Those flowers are colored beautifully and the little popped up blossoms are perfect for the sketch! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Linda Suarez said...

I love the flower garden Brenda! Very colorful! Great Thank You card! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Rita W said...

What a pretty garden of flowers! I love it and adore the sentiment you paired it with. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...