Wednesday, May 15, 2013

He is My Home

I've had a picture sitting on my desk for almost a week that I wanted to put to paper.  One thing or another has kept me from getting it done, but this morning, before I did anything else, I sat and worked with it.  I have to get the grocery shopping done today, but I thought I'd have a much better attitude toward the whole errand process if I exercised my creative muscles a little bit first!  (I know I can't be the only only one that doesn't like grocery shopping!)

I went right to Sketchabilities to find a sketch, and their new one was perfect for what I wanted to do!


This is a photo of Shane and me from 22 years ago.  I remember the day as clear as it was yesterday.  I have said this before, but I am really grateful that over the years I have not been a chronological scrapbooker.  I love that I still have photos of Shane's little boy years to scrap because it allows me to go back and remember those blond-hair-little-boy days.  I love the "subway art" look that is gaining popularity in the scrapbook world, and that's what I've worked into this page.  The paper is Later Sk8r, and I've used a variety of stamps - Sightseer, Canvas Art stamp set, and It's Your Day (retired).  These are stamp sets that have great versatility and allow for cluster such as I've done.  I did a little hand stitching with black embroidery thread on the bottom left and top right.  Other embellishments I've used are Epoxy Bubbles, Outdoor Denim Baker's Twine, Outdoor Denim Buttons, and Tiny Epoxy Alphabet.  Here's a close up for you of the embellishments.



Now that I've had my fun, I suppose I'd better head to the grocery store or I may not be able to make dinner for my husband tonight!

Pin It

12 comments:

Christine Adams said...

You are such an amazing artist Brenda! AND an amazing person too! I'm so honored to know you! :-)

Karen Day said...

Beautiful layout, Brenda! And what a fabulous photo :o)

Cherished said...

Beautiful Page. Thanks for joining us at Sketchabilitiies.

Unknown said...

I am drooling over this layout. The pic is so sweet too!

Katherine said...

This is such a sweet layout! I love the color choices and I also love the way you've used butterflies on a more masculine type LO :)

Anonymous said...

This is a great layout. I love how the white paper frames your layout. Your subway art is cool and a neat contrast to the butterflies. I'm going to follow your blog

Kristine Porter said...

Beautiful layout and a precious picture!

Casandra Bennett said...

This makes me smile. Love it, and what a pretty mama you are. :)

Bente Fagerberg said...

Saw this at Sketchabilities! What a beautiful page you have made!! :-)

リホママ(rihomama) said...

Thank you joining at Sketchabilities.
This is so beautiful Layout!
I like it♡

Crystal Schneider said...

Beautiful layout. Thanks for joining us at Sketchabilitiies.

Shinobu Hiramatsu said...

Amazing work Brenda!!
colors are so nice and beautiful.
Thank you for joining with us at Sketchabilities!!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...