Thursday, May 9, 2013

Love and Hugs

I wanted to show you some more ways to use the Dream Pop paper today.  It's such a versatile paper packet, and I am really enjoying it!  Let me show what I've done with the embossed cardstock before I show you my card.







The pieces on the left are before I sponged them.  I wanted to show you bare and with ink so that you could get an idea of what it all turns out like.  For this card, I wanted to use White Daisy pigment ink for sponging. This is really easy to do.  Just sponge or rub ink over the paper.  It might look a little muted, but after you are done applying ink, simply wipe with a paper towel.  How easy-peasy is that technique!!  I've chosen to use a lot of different patterns, but look at the way it all comes together using this week's Deconstructed Sketch.


I punched the circles and used notebook lined paper from the packet as well.  The back side of the embossed cardstock is flat, so if you just want color rather than embossing, you can use  that as well.  Truly, they've thought of everything!  There is just something for everyone and every occasion in Dream Pop.  It's really a great paper packet!

Dream Pop is only available through the end of May.  The packet of 24 sheets is just $10 with a $35 purchase!  Please let me know if you have any questions!

11 comments:

Lynn said...

This is simply beautiful! I love the way the White Daisy softens the bright cardstock.

Shelly Nemitz said...

LOVE this ... I was playing with the exact same thing but I never thought to use white. AWESOME idea and effect. It's like a whole new paper when you bring the ink into the picture. Don't even get me started about how much I adore that card.

Karen Fullam said...

I love this technique with the white! Very clever!

Sara Zeller said...

Absolutely beautiful Brenda!

Sara Zeller said...

Absolutely beautiful Brenda!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Thanks for the idea too!

Unknown said...

Over the top amazing!

Sheila Bennett said...

Great idea to use the White Daisy ink. Really like how it makes the embossing really "pop" and changes the color a bit.

Patrice said...

Beautiful card - Don't forget to link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/05/52-card-pickup-219.html

Janice said...

Brenda, this gives the cardstock a complete different look using the white, what a great idea!! Love the card too! TFS

Casandra Bennett said...

Very pretty. Hope you had a nice Mother's Day.

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...