Sunday, May 5, 2013

Mother

I truly had a wonderful day of scrapping yesterday!  I had so much fun seeing what the challenges were and participating in many of them.  I showed you a couple, but you would have been on overload had I shared them all!  On thing that Stacy Julian said in her opening video for the Big Picture Classes Creative Crop was that scrapbooking is "fantabulous memory-making coolness."  Don't you agree?  Gosh, I love all that I have learned from her!

The last project I made yesterday was actually a Mother's Day gift for my mother.  I had the pieces out all day, and I just kept thinking about how I wanted to put it together.  This is what I came up with...



I purchased this shadow box frame at Michael's a couple of years ago.  It has a brown tone to it, so I knew I wanted to use Buzz & Bumble paper.  I cut two sheets of flowers from the Artiste cartridge, and sponged them with yummy creme brulee ink before I rolled them.  Once I had them on the frame, I really had fun adding this and that - butterflies (from the Artiste and Art Philosophy), cocoa buttons, trinket pins, bling gems, dark chocolate striped grosgrain, and some little wooden bees.  I like the way it turned out, so I hope my mother likes it!

This is going into a few challenges:
Thanks for stopping by today, and I hope you have a most blessed Sunday!

Pin It

15 comments:

Elizabeth Hart said...

This is really lovely and would a very special gift for Mother's Day. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Pile it On Challenge.

Karen said...

Very cute project! Love the ribbon and the flowers are look so pretty! Thanks for playing along at Cut It Up Challenges! :)

Karen
craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

Patries said...

This is very sweet! Love the idea of a gift box ...

magicwanda said...

Just Beautiful....
It fits so well with our challenge.
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Stuck on U Sketches

Dawn said...

So very lovely!

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

Hi, Brenda, What a beautiful piece of artwork! Your mother will love it. Thanks for linking it to Cut it Up Challenges!!
Evelyn

Lynn said...

Beautiful gift filled with love.

Tracey said...

WOW.......beautiful work of art! Love the cluster of rolled flowers, so elegant! Thanks for joining us at SOUS!

Migdalia said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!A Fabulous Gift!
Thanks for joining us at Cut It Up Challenge.
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

Scrappin Rabbit Designs said...

Beautiful home decor project. Fabulous job on the flowers and design. Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up.
Tami

Anonymous said...

OMG!
This is just TOO gorgeous!
Holy smokes!
What a project! More then in love with this!
Can't wait to see MORE from you!
Thanks so much Brenda for making sure to share
this with us!

See you soon! *wink*wink

~Leah

Fern said...

This is beautiful!!! love the flower cluster!!! Thanks for playing along with us over at SOUS!! Hugs!!

Unknown said...

This so special. Very creative and pretty. Great job!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful gift. Your mom will love it!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeousness!! Absolutely!! Thanks for playing along!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...