Friday, May 3, 2013

Tickled Pink

Are you excited that tomorrow is National Scrapbooking Day?  I am!  Last week I decided that I would schedule myself off for a couple of days in order to play along with all the challenges out there.  We are paper crafters and should celebrate the day that was set aside for us!!  Today I am working on some challenge blog challenges, and tomorrow I am going to play over at Big Picture Classes for the Creative Crop!

Big Picture Classes

So after all of explanation for why I am playing instead of working, I thought I'd share my first project today. There is a fabulous sketch over at Cardabilities, and I knew I wanted to combine it with the colors challenge over at Play Date Cafe.  Of course, I needed to add sparkle, bling, and ribbon so it fits into the Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge, too!


The raspberry paper in the background and the circles is from the Dream Pop paper packet.  Let me tell you, this paper packet has a lot of colors and a lot of potential.  Do you see the diagonal lines in the background?  Those lines are embossed on the cardstock in the packet, so it makes perfect emboss resist designs.  I just sponged black ink on my circles, and I've got a brand new color!  I've also used black shimmer trim, tulle, and a final touch of pink sparkles.  Super duper easy!

Off to play some more!!

Pin It

7 comments:

mamawcindy said...

Just found your Blog. Have enjoyed looking at your Creations! I am now a follower. :0)
cindys-greencricut.blogspot.com

Patrice said...

Great take on the sketch - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/05/52-card-pickup-218.html

Lynn said...

What a dramatic card! You are inspiring me to ink up that cardstock. Thanks for sharing with us at Cardabilties!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
gracescraps@gmail.com said...

What a gorgeous color combination and fabulous design!! Thanks for joining our Sparkle, Bling, and Ribbon Challenge at RRR!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Heather said...

Wonderful Card...love the color combo!
Thank you for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!!
Hugs
Heather

Tatiana Yemelyanenko said...

Gorgeous card! So beautiful colour combination. Thank you for joining us at Cardabilities!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...