Thursday, August 8, 2013

My Musky Hunter

There is nothing I love more than sitting down to make a layout for no good reason other than putting memories to paper.  Jerry went fishing last Saturday, and I loved this photo of him with his big catch.


I keep an album of Jerry's fishing adventures in the family room (otherwise known as the man cave).  He loves summer when he can head out for the day to fish.  If you've been reading my blog for awhile, you know that my dear husband finds a lot of peace in the summer sun and on that boat. I love when I head down and see that he's been looking at the book.   He really liked this addition, and that makes it all worth it!

I used the left page of one of the layouts in the Make It From Your Heart book - Volume 2.  Have you had a chance to look though these books?  They are just awesome and hold not only sketches, but so many ideas!  At $7.95, they are a steal!  I used a photo mat and a mini album page ("summer") from Artbooking.  "Too much fun" is actually one stamp from an Artbooking stamp, but once I stamped it, I thought it would be fun to cut the image in half to create a phrase.  This is Tommy paper (don't you think it's perfect for fishing?), and I've combined it with outdoor denim chevron ribbon, a little piece of burlap, Tommy Canvas, and the Tiny Type Epoxy alphabet.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Pin It

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Great layout! I just love the Tommy paper and coordinating embellishments!

Shelly Nemitz said...

There's no end to what I love about this layout!! Of course there's the paper and the cork number and the burlap bonus on the ribbon and the adorable little dot letters BUT what I really love most is the sweet nurturing activity of putting a fishing book together for your hubby. It fosters both of your hobbies at one time!!! You're a very sweet wife. AND you act fast!

Nancy Ball said...

Wow, that is the big fish that didn't get away!
Love your layout....it has so many wonderful elements!

Lynn said...

Awesome layout and photo. Ilove the design and all the layering you used, and everything that Shelly mentioned, lol.

Casandra Bennett said...

That's quite a catch there, and I don't mean the fish. LOL He's a keeper, Ms. Rose. Love the way you incorporated the ribbon!

Marg Van Patten said...

Over-the-Top Awesome page!!! Love the paper choices, the embellies, and most especially that great photo and the memories you've preserved!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...