Monday, December 2, 2013

Scrapbook Generation Blog Hop

Welcome to the Scrapbook Generation Blog Hop for December!   You should have arrived from Pamela's blog, but if this is your first stop, you might like to start at the Scrapbook Generation blog and then hop through each link.  I've used one of their single sketches for this layout.


This is my amazing leader Karen , and this picture was taken on the Southern Caribbean Cruise in February.  She is so sweet, totally rocks (true story), and helped me dream big so that I could have a noteworthy and epic time on the Close To My Heart incentive trip!  Life is good!!  

It was fun to pull from different stamp sets to create this layout!  I used a combination of five stamp sets (Charming Chevrons, Laughing Lola Workshop on the Go, All the Details, It's Your Day, and Whooo's Your Valentine) along with Laughing Lola paper.  I pulled out the Laughing Lola gold and black paisley of the paper to match our clothes.  That Charming Chevron set is awesome, and I love that you can also purchase chevron sparkle shapes that fit around them perfectly.  What a fun, fun added element to the page!

You can find the SG sketches in their books and as downloads in the SG store, and there is a free one every month in case you wanted to try it out.

Next on the hop is Sharlene. Be sure leave a comment on each blog as one lucky winner will receive a free sketch bundle of their choice from the store. The winner will be draw on December 9th, so you have one week to leave a comment.

17 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Absolutely stunning from the design the precious photo.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Casandra Bennett said...

Awe. What a sweet layout of a fun photo. :)

Steffanie said...

Lovely page! I really like the hints of blue and pink. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Oh my what a simply gorgeous page! Love this paper and they way you incorporated it into the SG sketch :)

Unknown said...

I love that photo of us...and your layout complements it perfectly! I'm so blessed to be your upline!

Unknown said...

So far I am truly enjoying the blog hop. Thanks!

Devra said...

That is fantastic. For a minute I thought it was divi. Wonderful use of stamps.

Nancy Ball said...

Brenda, this is GORGEOUS! I think the yellow is unexpected and really adds a wonderful feel to the layout!

Tracey said...

This is incredible!! I love it!!

Laureen said...

Wow a busy but beautiful page! A lot of details to look at and be appreciated! Amazing stamping work you did!

Lori said...

Love those bright cheery colors! Such a fun layout!

Vickie said...

Wow! Gorgeous page! Love all the details and the idea of pulling the colors from your clothes in the photo really adds that special touch!

bakscrap said...

What a great layout Brenda!

Brenda said...

Beautiful photo and lovely page! Great sketch choice!

Unknown said...

Beautiful layout, Brenda! Always love banners!

Michele's Scrapy Creations said...

I'm in awe! this is beautiful.. love all stampings..

Janelle H. said...

What a gorgeous layout! Beautiful colors!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...