Sunday, February 2, 2014

Rose Blossom Spring Summer Idea Book Blog Hop!

I am so excited to announce the Rose Blossom Spring Summer Idea Book Blog Hop!  There are 8 of us in the hop, and I promise you that you will learn tons from each and every stop.  I haven't seen what my team has created, but I know their exceptional style and artwork.  So I am going to be surprised and in awe on this journey, too!  Should you get lost along the way, come back here, and you will find the complete blog list at the bottom of this post.

Today, I am sharing one of our fabulous new My Creations Pennant Frames.


I wanted to use this beautiful photo of my mother for this project, and I thought Balloon Ride paper was the perfect choice!  There is a die-cut on the Artbooking cartridge for the frame to make it quick and easy to cover the frame. I painted Liquid Glass on the frame to adhere the paper.  (Note:  To paint Liquid Glass, just put a small dollop on a paper plate and use like paint.  You get nice even coverage that way.)

 Let me show you the rolled flowers up close:


Because this is a shadow-box type frame, I was able to put two flowers on the inside and offset them with one on the outside.  This die-cut is also found on Artbooking, and they are rolled up quickly and easily using our quilling tool.  Use your Liquid Glass to get a nice strong hold.  I added some clear epoxy gems to the middle.  I love those little round gems!

I've balanced the photo with some large flowers from the Balloon Ride Dimensional Elements:


Lo and behold, there are those epoxy gems again!  For a little cluster, I tied a double strand of metallic baker's twine around the whole frame and accented it with one of the Balloon Ride resin complements.

This was a fun project to make, and it was really quite simple!  I will be having a pennant frame class in March (with another paper), so watch for the information on that one!

Your next stop on the blog hop is my ever-so-lovely team member Sara.  I can't wait to go over there and see what she has created for us!  In case you get lost, here is a full list of Rose Blossoms in the hop:

Brenda - you are here!

Finally, here are the products I used on today's project.  You can purchase them on my website:


Thanks so much for stopping today.  I really appreciate the time you spend on my blog!!

Pin It

13 comments:

Sara Zeller said...

What a beautiful project Brenda! This paper is a wonderful compliment to go with the picture of your Mom. I always love your perfect placement of your accessories and bling. You have such an eye for perfect details.

Unknown said...

Wow~! Gorgeous!! You amaze me and are so talented! You definitely have an eye for detail and create from your heart! I feel so blessed to be apart of our team! Thank you!

Kristine Porter said...

Your frame is absolutely lovely! The vintage feel of the Ballon Ride paper is perfect for the photo of your mom, and those rolled roses are stunning. Every detail is just perfect, Brenda!

Marg Van Patten said...

This is incredibly stunning! It's easy to see that you put your heart into this project. Thanks for all you do as our team leader and most especially for inspiring all of us to create beautiful art.

Unknown said...

Very Pretty!!!

Wild Bluebonnets said...

This is beautiful, Brenda. Perfect picture choice. I need that frame!

Kim Hill said...

Brenda, this is just stunning! The frame perfectly sets off your beautiful mom! Thank you so much for all your inspiration!

Unknown said...

Oh so gorgeous Brenda! The picture of your Mom is so beautiful and the way you designed the frame around her is stunning. Such nice work....I love to see your creations!

Casandra Bennett said...

Beautiful, indeed! Your mom was stunning. I have a picture similar to that of my Grandma. It was her graduation picture, and I have it sitting in a regular picture frame. I really should do something special like this.

Unknown said...

Sooooo beautiful!

Unknown said...

Oh so pretty! The paper and accessaries you used on the frame brings out the colors in the picture so beautifully.

I went through all of the teams projects for this hop & everything is so creatively done! I am looking forward to ordering from the new Idea book!

Thank you to you and your Team for sharing their projects. I really like how everyone included a list of items they used in their projects.

Lynn said...

Lovely, the perfect title for that beautiful photo. Your frame, in those colors, is perfect for the photo. Love your rolled flowers and the flourishes. Thanks for the ever-flowing inspiration!

Wendy K. said...

Gorgeous frame and a great way to showcase that photo!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...