Thursday, April 10, 2014

Paint on Your Face

Even though I have been scrapbooking for so long, there are a decade of years that I have not scrapped yet.  I always think it would be nice to be "caught up." but I also enjoy pulling out Shane's little boy pictures and lingering over a page.  I found these super cute photos from the 1997 Renaissance Festival and decided to stop everything and scrap them today.


One of my favorite things about Close To My Heart is that when I pull out a paper packet, I can pull out several things that match perfectly!  I used Jubilee paper because it's just so cheerful!  The matching embellishments I used are Jubilee Complements, Tiny Type Epoxy Alphabet, Midtown Cork Shapes, Dimensional Elements Banners, Ruby Chevron Washi Tape, Canvas Alphabet (retired), and Outdoor Denim Buttons (retired).

This is a pretty simple layout in the end, but I sure did enjoy making it!  Oh, if we could only freeze time.  I am so glad that I am scrapbooker so that I can go back and visit memories now and again!!

Thanks for stopping in today, and may your day be blessed!
Pin It

7 comments:

Shelly Nemitz said...

Love this layout AND your awesome attitude about scrapbooking. It's a creative time to relish NOT a task to keep up with!!

Marilyn said...

Love your layout!

Casandra Bennett said...

I love your page and the added buttons. What fun! I've really been getting into using up some hoarded embellishments lately. :)

Unknown said...

What a fun, happy layout...and a stinkin' cute little boy!

Kristine Porter said...

Great layout, Brenda! It really is fun to go back and enjoy those memories, isn't it?

Unknown said...

What a fun page and Jubilee is perfect for these adorable pictures. And I agree about freezing time! While mine are still little, I already miss stages they've been in. It goes by too fast and I know it's only going to go by faster the older they get.

Morgan Vogt said...

I haven't used Jubilee yet, but I'm going to have to break that seal soon and your work gives plenty of inspiration!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...