Friday, August 8, 2014

One Card...Two Looks

There is a card on page 93 of Annual Inspirations that I really like so I wanted to duplicate it.  Ill show you my cards first, but then I want to tell you how easy it is to create cards that are shown in the idea book.


The chevron backgrounds on these cards are the Adventure (pacifica) and Whimsy (sweet leaf) Paper Fundamentals.  The stamp sets used are Charming Chevrons and You Mean the World to Me.  Now I want to show you the original card from the  book.


Do you notice that right underneath the card the name of the pattern is shown?  That means I can go right to my Wishes book and look up the All Tucked In pattern.  From that point, I can go to the recipes.  Now when you look at Annual Inspirations online, you are given the choice to look through the book, print it, or look at the recipes.  The recipes tell you the name of the pattern again along with all of the "ingredients" you need.  As you will notice, I substituted here and there to make the card using what I had on hand.

I hope this helps you as you look through Annual Inspirations and find the things you would like to re-create.  There are so many beautiful pieces of artwork, and I think it's wonderful that there is a place you can go to find exactly what you need!

Thank you so much for stopping in today, and have a day most blessed!
Pin It

1 comment:

Karen Day said...

I love your bright & bold versions, Brenda!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...