Sunday, October 12, 2014

Rose Blossoms Artfully Sent Blog Hop



Welcome to the Rose Blossom blog hop!  This month, we are pleased to bring you some Thanksgiving and Christmas ideas using Artfully Sent.

If you came here from Marg's blog, then you are on the right track.  Marg is a dear friend and exceptionally talented team member, so I am certain you enjoyed her Artfully Sent project!  This hop is a great big circle, and there are six blogs to hop today.  Should you get lost along the way, I've got all the blogs at the bottom of my post.

I made a swing Christmas card today using two different keys on Artfully Sent.


There are 41 swing card projects on Artfully Sent, and they are found on the Scene key.  Here are the two pages from the book that I used for this card (pages 47 & 48).

As you will notice, the book tells you to cut the card at 7".  This will make a 5" x 7" card.  However, I wanted a standard card, so I turned my dial to 5-1/2".  I cut the base of the card once in white daisy, and once in the glacier blue print from Snowhaven.  I brought the base into Cricut Craft Room to hide contours and make the various colored snowflakes, and the black snowflake overlay for the left side of the card.  If you are unsure of how to use Cricut Craft Room, you can also cut a silver glitter paper and a black Snowhaven print card base.  Just cut the pieces you need and fit them to the card.


I cut the the inside overlay from the Scene +shift key shown below.  Because the images are linked, and I re-sized my card, I needed to cut this one at 5-1/2', too.


Let me show you how this all looks up close:


As you can see, I tucked little pieces of green glitter paper behind the trees and leaves.  I used silver glitter paper behind the diamond cut outs.  The red enamel hearts added just the right pop to this card!

Now it's time to hop over to the Kim's blog.  She is amazingly talented, and I can hardly wait to hop over to see what she has created!!  Enjoy the circle hop!  I know the girls on my team, and I know they are not going to disappoint you!!

Should you get lost along the way, just come back here to the list of blogs.  If you just click on the name, it will take you directly to the specific post!



Pin It

10 comments:

Kim Hill said...

Lovely! Will definitely have to make this one! :)

Kristine Porter said...

I love it!! I can not wait for my Artfully Sent to arrive!

Lynn said...

Gorgeous! Loving all those snowflakes!

Morgan Vogt said...

Absolutely stunning! I think the swing cards are my favorite, and you just knocked it out of the park with this one!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful Brenda! I love that color combo!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! What fun colors for a Christmas card.

Unknown said...

So pretty Brenda! Love all the snowflakes!!

Marg Van Patten said...

Always appreciate your ability to incorporate so many lovely details onto one card. This card is beautiful! Thanks for the "how-to" info and the complimentary remarks. So sweet!

Helen Gullett said...

Wow this card is so pretty! Love the 3 fold :)

Unknown said...

So cute! So Brenda!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...