Sunday, December 14, 2014

Rose Blossom Blog Hop


It's time for the last Rose Blossom Blog Hop of 2014!  This month we want to show you some artwork using C and D sized stamps from Annual Inspirations.  During the month of December, you can choose any of the C and D stamp sets for just $10 with a $50 order.  Oh what a deal!!  So I've asked each of the gals to select their favorite stamp set to inspire you. I can hardly wait to see the ideas from these lovely and talented Rose Blossoms!

This is a circle hop, so you can simply follow the loop.  If you are already following the circle, you should have come from Shelly's blog.  There are only five of us in this hop, so it won't take much time to hop through!

I am starting off the hop with the December Stamp of the Month, Cutie Pie.  This is an adorable cupcake stamp set, and I wanted to make it all about Christmas!

When my idea came together and the card was all done, I felt like I had spent some time in Whoville!  I stamped the images and sentiments with black pigment ink so that they would be very bold. I embossed the white layer with the Dot Embossing Folder AFTER I stamped the hearts and sentiments.  Oh I should tell you that "Warm Wishes to you and yours" is from the D sized set, Best Christmas.   I used our Shinhan Touch Twin Markers for coloring - Carmine, Leaf Green, and Cerulean Light Blue.  You know, had I been thinking Whoville from the start, there would have been three hearts on the card for the Grinch's growing heart!  But I am getting sidetracked...

I pulled out my jar of long retired Prisma Glitter to put on the cupcake and plate.  I also cut the plate down to make it a little shorter.  The banner looked a little plain, so I pulled out my Typeface Alphabet for the "ho, ho, ho."  I finished it off with some light green Epoxy Bubbles.  

Remember the Stamp of the Month is always just $5 with a $50 purchase.  There are a lot of deals to take advantage of this month at Close To My Heart!


Now it's time to head over to Lynn's blog.  Without a doubt, I know that she has something wonderful for you!  Here's the list in case you get lost:



Pin It

11 comments:

Lynn said...

What a fun and creative use of the SOTM! I love it.

Shelly Nemitz said...

I love, love, love the colors here. It's such a happy combo!! Thanks for the bright start to our Blog Hop.

Morgan Vogt said...

I love these colors! They're so bold and they just look awesome on this card!

Unknown said...

I'm so happy to see this set of stamps used. I needed inspiration to get started with it and now I have it!

Barbara said...

Love the colors! So bright! You really did bring out you Dr. Seuss, with that cupcake especially!

Marg Van Patten said...

What a wonderfully colorful take on this stamp set! Love your holiday twist and how you used the alpha set on the banner. Bright and cheery ... much like you!

Linda Pekrul said...

Awesome card! I LOVE your creativity!

Unknown said...

This is just adorable Brenda. I was not a big fan of this stamp set, but you have inspired me with your wonderful card. So darned cute!

Unknown said...

I just love this card. I love everything about it. It's pure perfection!

Unknown said...

I love this card. I am going to have to play with this stamp set soon.

Melissa Robinson said...

Love this Christmas twist on the stamp set and how vibrant the colors are!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...