Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Today You are You

I love Dr. Seuss so I was especially happy to find one of my favorite quotes in the Hopscotch Picture My Life cards.


I used 8 of the Hopscotch cards to make this step card, and I matted the layers with Indian Corn Blue cardstock.  The tallest layer is made up 4 cards.  I used the base card with flowers, but I wanted them to pop a little.  Because there are two of each card in a set, I grabbed the other one and fussy cut the flowers to pop.  The clouds and rainbow are from a 3x4 card, and so is "perfect."  I pulled out my remaining Smoothie buttons and brads (you can't hoard forever) for embellishment.  Three cards make up the second layer.  The circles are actually the centers from large flowers.  I used the Operation Smile stamp, You're the Bomb, for my stamped sentiment on the front fold.  I found the directions for this card HERE, and I altered the dimensions to suit my needs.

I haven't played along with challenges for quite some time, so I am going to enter this into the Heart 2 Heart - Old is New - challenge.

In case you don't remember the rest of the quote...


Thanks for popping in today!  I sure do appreciate your visits!!

Pin It

18 comments:

Kim Hill said...

LOVE this card Brenda! Everything about it just makes me smile.😄

Blythe said...

Darling! I wish we lived closer to one another because I would love to spend a day crafting with you just to be inspired!

Cynthia McCloud said...

I like how the flowers pop. I'm always looking for ways to use those Picture My Life cards. Thanks for the inspiration and for joining in one of the Heart 2 Heart Challenges!

Unknown said...

Wow this is a gorgeous card and I love the flowers that you made.
Francy

Nikka Geers said...

Would have never thought of using pml cards on a step card. I have't made a step card in ages but you have inspired me to make one. Thanks so much for joining us at Heart 2 Heart

Alyson Mayo said...

Brenda, you never fail to inspire me with your creative ideas! PML cards on a step card - on my list of things to try for sure! Your work is simply stunning, as always. Thanks for joining us at Heart 2 Heart Challenges this week 😄

Brandi said...

So adorable! I love it. Thanks for playing along with H2H challenges.

Brandi R.
H2H DT member
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Lynn said...

What a creative, fun card! Love it.

Unknown said...

This is a fabulous card! I agree with Kim, it just makes you smile!

Unknown said...

This is just adorable! Love your design and it's just perfect!!

Katy said...

LOVE this card!!! Thanks for linking it up to H2H's Old is New Challenge! And...I'm gonna pretend I didn't hear you say "you can't hoard forever"...lol

Allie said...

Beautiful, bright, and fun! I love your combinations! Thanks for joining us at H2H!

Amy Moore said...

This is adorable, what an inspiration you are! I too love Dr. Suess. Once there was a Dr. Suess category on Jeopardy and I got every answer right! {tee~hee}

debi barber said...

I hadn't even looked at these Picture My Life cards yet and now I must have them just for the Dr. Seuss quote. Thanks for sharing this with us @ H2H. Your card is great,

LaJeania Hicks said...

I love your step card! Absolutely beautiful! Thanks for joining us at H2H this week!

Lauren said...

Oh my goodness what a wonderful card! This makes me happy just looking at it. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at H2H.

Haley D. said...

You're going to cause a spike in Hopscotch PML cards now that we know this quote is in there and we've got your lovely card as inspiration! Thanks for joining us @ H2H!

Brandi said...

I love this on so many levels. The colours are awesome, the flowers, OMG I could just go on and on. Love it! Thanks for playing along with H2H!

Brandi R.
H2H DT member
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...