Monday, April 13, 2015

Freshman

I am going to admit that I pushed my work aside this morning to create.  I had a new picture of Shane, and they are few and far between.  I get excited to sit down and scrap them!  It takes me hours to do a page for Shane's book.  I do love to linger when I am memory keeping.


Don't you think Jackson paper was perfect?  Shane has red tint to his hair and beard, so the barn red color in Jackson really helped me highlight this picture of him.  Our son's life has taken so many twists and turns, and they have not always been good or easy. So when he started college, I knew that I had to keep pages for his adult book.   He recently ended the first half of the semester with a 4.0, and we are so proud of him!


I wanted to show you some highlights of the things I've done on this layout.  I am not afraid to use my embellishments when I want a certain look.  After all, I know where to get more!

I used the April Stamp of the Month's "xoxo" to stamp the border on the the 1/4" strips on the layout.  It's such a subtle touch with all the other patterns, but it adds a whole lot. I created a whole big cluster on the top left with banners, stars (from the Jackson complements), artisan studs, cork circles, and an enamel arrow.  I love adding a little knot of twine.  It frays so nicely!

Now I am going to switch gears and remind you of the Deal of the Day.


Every day at 3:00 pm MT, there is a new deal on my website.  They are mystery boxes filled with current and retired product at double the value of what you pay!  From day to day, you never know what the cost will be, but the deal will be one of five prices - $35, $50, $75, $115, or $150.

These boxes are amazing!  I got so excited when I received my first $35 box!  It contained complements, embellishments, chalkboard paper, a hinged display tray, corner rounder, and more!  All together there was $83 worth of product in there!!  All you need to do is add one regular proced item to your cart, and then you can purchase as many boxes as you wish.  
Why not order yourself one today?

Thanks for stopping in!  I always appreciate your visits!!

Pin It

4 comments:

Alyson Mayo said...

You make me laugh with your comment of, "I'm not afraid to use my embellishments because I know where to get more!"
This is a terric layout of Shane - and it certainly celebrates a huge accomplishment! 4.0 - WOW! The colours blend perfectly and you have just the right complement of embellishments (and yes, you CAN get more) to enhance the photo. Simply awesome, my dear Blossom :)

Unknown said...

4.0 is so awesome! Way to go Shane!! I love this layout and how the paper coordinates perfectly with this wonderful picture. You did a beautiful job on this Brenda!

Casandra Bennett said...

Congrats to Shane on a 4.0! That's pretty spectacular. Great layout.

Unknown said...

This is such a FABULOUS layout!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...