Sunday, November 1, 2015

Rose Blossom Blog Hop


Welcome to the Stamp of the Month Rose Blossom Blog Hop!  We are excited to show you all the ways that you can use the November Stamp of the Month, Cheers.  This hop is a circle and there are six of this time, so now matter where you start you will get through the circle quickly and be really inspired!

I had a Gathering this afternoon and decided to use watercolors along with Cheers to make this fun frame for my hostess.  We all need to be reminded to dream big now and again!


This is a simple wooden frame that I picked up at a local supply store, and the mat is 4 x4  I used the black-striped sheet from La Vie En Rose paper and adhered it to the frame with Liquid Glass.  The butterflies are cut from the Artistry cartridge and made with black glitter paper.

I used pink, orange, and yellow watercolors and my wide paintbrush to splash across my white background.  I love that technique!  I let it dry and then stamped "dream big" using Memento ink.
(NOTE:  If you want to learn more about watercoloring, I urge you to watch a video created by Close To My Heart for My Craft Channel.  Jill is easy to listen to, and she is a great teacher!

The outer edge of the frame is 1/2", so black shimmer trim finished it up nicely.  Here are some close-ups of my project.


Now it's time to head on over to Marg's blog at The Tater Patch.  She has got something lovely waiting for you!!

Should you get lost along the way, here is the full list followed by a photo of Cheers:

Brenda - YOU ARE HERE!
Marg - http://ididnthavepotatoes.blogspot.com/
Shelly - http://just1piece-shelly.blogspot.com/
Morgan - http://www.tweetscraps.com/

Kim Sparks - http://memoriesinthyme.blogspot.com/
Margot - http://margotsmix.com/







Pin It

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful! I love the versatility you show in this stamp! Way to create something for any occasion!

Lynn said...

Lovely Brenda!

Morgan Vogt said...

Brenda, you simply amaze me sometimes! (okay, most times ;) This is such a simple project, but it looks so elegant and gorgeous. It's such a great reminder that art doesn't have to be complicated - it can be fun and easy and absolutely beautiful. :)

Unknown said...

This is awesome! Plain wood items intimidate me. You make it seem so easy!

Unknown said...

You turned a plain frame into a beautiful piece of artwork. Gorgeous Brenda!!

Kim Hill said...

Brenda this is such a fun and gorgeous card! (Just like its maker!) 😄 Wish I could have participated, too, but I'm so enjoying the creative ideas of the Rose Blossoms!!!

Unknown said...

Absolutely incredible! I will definitely be stamp-lifting this gorgeous design!

Margi Gilbertson said...

Gorgeous idea! Prepare to be stamp-lifted! Thanks so much for sharing another Brenda-WOW project!

Kimberly Deines said...

I love, love, love this:):):):) You are amazing!!!!!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...