Monday, August 1, 2016

Rose Blossom Blog Hop


Welcome to the Rose Blossom Blog Hop!  We are so glad that you stopped in to see what we have done with the August Stamp of the Month, Purr-fect Halloween.  There are half a dozen of us participating in the hop this time, and you are going to love the techniques you see along the way!


I used a few techniques on this card:
  • I dry embossed the white daisy layer with the Confetti Stars embossing folder.
  • I splashed the middle of that layer with yellow watercolors.
  • I splattered that with purple watercolor.
Pretty fun background, right?

Then I did this:
  • I used light peach color on watercolor paper in a 3" square.  I heat set to dry and then stamped the cat on it with Memento ink.
  • I did the glasses the same way with green watercolor, and followed by using that technique on the hat.
Truly, this cat is pretty easy to fussy cut.  After I was done, I popped it up with thin 3-d foam tape.  The banners are easy enough to stamp right over the dry embossing, and I lightly watercolored a few of the banners.

Now it's time to move on to Lynn.  She is incredible, and I loved her sneak peek.  I can't wait to see the whole project!!

The Stamp of the Month is always just $5 with a $50 order!!




Pin It

5 comments:

Lynn said...

I love this card! Even better in person. Can't wait to get that star embossing folder.

Kim Hill said...

Cute! The dry embossing gives it just the right flair. I somehow seem to forget about my embossing folders! Need to put those front and center so that I can be using them more!!!

Unknown said...

DELICIOUS!

Jeanie B said...

Even though cat's don't like water they definitely like waterCOLOR! Cute card.

Morgan Vogt said...

Your watercoloring and splattering are purr-fect! :) I love this card.

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...