Thursday, December 1, 2016

You're a Whole Lot of Wonderful

Welcome to the Rose Blossom Blog Hop!  I am so excited to for this hop because I have loved this stamp, Thoughtful Flowers, since I laid my eyes on it.  The flowers are so beautiful and so varied. All the sentiments and fonts are fabulous, but I especially love the one I used for this card.  Everyone wants to receive a card that tells them they are a whole lot of wonderful! 


I have been taking some classes at Online Card Classes, and my most recent class is called Heat Wave.  I love learning new techniques and this most recent class has helped me learn some fun things about heat embossing.  Of course, I had to mix it all up, and that's how I came to make this card.


I embossed the flowers with white embossing powder on vellum.  I used the vellum from the Uptown Fundamentals.  Now, if you do this, hold your embossing gun a little further away from the vellum and don't over emboss!  I cut the flowers out, flipped them over and used watercolors to paint the back pink.  My inspiration for this was all the beautiful pink poinsettas I've seen in the stores.  They are gorgeous, and because I have a cat, I can only have stamped poinsettas.  
Because I used the white ribbon with gold striping, it was easy to mix gold embossing at the top of the card for sentiments.  The wood grain paper is from Rustic Home Fundamentals.

There are only a few of us on the hop this time, but take the time to hop.  The sneak peeks have been awesome!!  Your next stop is Lynn!
Pin It

7 comments:

Ginger Morriello said...

Brenda, as always GORGEOUS GORGEOUS GORGEOUS! I love visiting your blog, not only to see you beautiful work, but I always learn something new!

Kim Hill said...

Beautiful as always!

Morgan Vogt said...

I love this technique and it looks amazing with the vellum and wood background. Apparently, you're a great student as well as teacher. :)

Lynn said...

I love the pretty pink flowers and I appreciate how you explained how you made them. The contrast of the woodgrain is perfect with the sweet delicate flowers.

Pam in SD said...

LOvE the pretty flowers, I have to try that!

Anonymous said...

Brenda, there is one word for this card. PERFECTION. That's it. Balance, color, design, just everything. I'm floored. I learn so much from you!

Mary Ellen Harrison abeautifulscrapbook@gmail.com said...

You always amaze and inspire me Brenda. This card is just stunning. Breathtaking!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...