Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Cards, Cards, and More Cards

I have a day off today, so I spent some time making cards. I had a blast trying different techniques, working with sketches, and trying new colors. When it's rainy and chilly, there's not much else to do!

I was playing with alcohol inks again. Today I used butterscotch, lettuce, and stream. I thought it would be perfect for this masculine card. Items used with the inks are Bazzill fudge CS, CTMH glossy paper, Karen Foster charm, Northwoods and CTMH stamps, and random hemp.

I also made a 3x3 card with the same inks. It will fit perfectly into the Cards challenge this week. All products used for this little gift card are CTMH. If you'd like to see another 3x3 card I finished with alcohol inks a couple weeks ago, click here.

I used a sketch and color challenge to complete my next card. The sketch is from CPS:


And the color challenge is from Colour Q:

For this card, I went back into my Cosmo Cricket Material Girl papers. These are so yummy!! I added some hand-stitching, Prima Flowers, and CTMH buttons and edge anchors. The stamp is also CTMH.


This next sketch from Papertake allows for a lot of possibilities:

When I left work yesterday, I picked up some of the new Basic Grey Kioshi paper. If you are looking for a beautiful spring line, check out this set of papers. I really like the mixture of colors. I added Bazzill and Prima flowers, a Stampendous stamp, and some random ribbon. Makes for a good spring card.

The Tuesday Trigger this week over at Moxie Fab, is so pretty! I am quite certain I will make more cards in these colors - they are just lovely!
I used CTMH White Daisy CS, Garden Green CS, Veranda paper, stamp set, and Prima flowers.

In the next card, I mixed a couple of challenges again. The sketch is from ICS:
The color challenge is from Picture Perfect:

This is a very elegant card using a Recollections flourish stamp set. The sentiment is from CTMH. The flowers are Prima and the gems are random (and where I have snuck in the blue).

Yes, I do know I blasted you with a lot of cards in this one post! I thought it might be easier than showing them in separate posts. You can always skip the words and just look at the artwork. My hope is that when you look through my blog posts, you are seeing even just one tiny thing that will inspire you to create!
I am finding it hard to stay away form my craft room right now (and my poor neglected house proves that point!). It helps me cope with this terrible spring fever I've got! Do you know that our first snow fall was October 12th? We've been having snow and cold and winter for 5 months now. The rain this week is really shrinking the snow, so it won't be too long until we hit spring and I can garden again!!
Hope you're having a great day!

19 comments:

Sheila H said...

Your cards are beautiful; they definitely inspire me!

cnelson said...

perfectly beautiful cards!!

Posh Designs said...

Hi Brenda! Wow!!! Your projects are breathtaking gorgeous! Fabulous take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us over @ ICS this week! :) ~ Nini xoxo

Unknown said...

LOVE, love, love the fishie card!

Julia Aston said...

wow - you had a very productive day! love the techniques you used and the pretty flowers!

Laurel said...

My oh my, you have been busy! Love the fish card, although they are all gorgeous!

Lea L. said...

Wow...lots of wonderful cards posted here!! Thanks for joining us at CPS this week!

♥Lea

Jean said...

Loved the music! Didn't want to leave! :) And your cards are as beautiful as your music!

Unknown said...

Wowza, you are a machine again today! Love these cards. Your inking techniques are incredible. I really think the first one is my fave. I have so many fishermen in my family, I have to love it!

I know that your snow will be be gone very soon and you will be enjoying that wonderful spring gardening. Big hugs, sweet friend!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Megan -- Paper Crafts by Megan said...

Beautiful cards! Thanks for joining us this week at PPC! Hope to see you back there soon!

Don’t forget to check out our first ever Design Team Call at: www.ppc-challenges.blogspot.com
-Megs :)

Dianna said...

Wow, you've been busy! Beautiful cards! Thanks for joining us at ICS this week!

Jamie Harder said...

Wowzers....these are all so AMAZING!! gotta love rainy days:-)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Brenda! What an sweet approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

Unknown said...

this is sooo pretty=)

Dana said...

Very elegant and pretty. I love simple, clean designs.

Laura Davis said...

Very pretty!
Laura

Mandy said...

Gorgeous cards. Thanks for joining us at PTW this week.

Mandy

Callie said...

Stunning cards. Thank you so much for joining us at ICS this week!!

grandmalee said...

WOW, WOW, WOW! What gorgeous cards! I love the alcohol ink backgrounds. Don't know why I don't use it more often. I also love the B&W Hello. How elegant! You really have the eye for layout & color! Glad I came back after the OWH hop. It took me 2 days to finish, but I love finsing all of the new blogs. Thanks for becoming a follower & I'm doing the same! Love your stuff!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...